This is my first challenge I'm doing so I'm very curious how this works out.
The prompt I got from Bewildered Bug was: "Ask your best friend what word you use most frequently.
Personify this word and write about one day in its life."
I'm not a native english speaker so if you find any grammatical mistakes you can keep them.
Apart from that I would be happy to get any responses.
Right in the middle of my writing I realized how the whole story just reminded me on a movie which I've seen a while ago but I couldn't remember the title of it sadly, was a very good one.
Anyway I hope I wasn't too influenced by this.
___
It is a wonderful smooth melody which is hovering through the subway station.
People are rushing to different stations in hopes of getting the next train on time.
In the whole turmoil the singing saxophone tunes almost dissapear. Though when you listen closely enough you can hear the sounds dancing between all the talks and the ringing mobile phones which arise to shrill noise how we know it from very busy and crowded places.
Right in the middle of the crowd but a far cry away from the people there is the origin of the right now sentimental music. An elder man, his appearance is a little riminiscent of Eric Clapton, is sitting on a folding chair with his saxophone in his hands. You can see some coins in the saxophone-case in front of him which he will collect after the great press of people is over.
He, I name him Eddy on this occasion, usually gets around thirty or forty bucks a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's not enough to have a good standart of living anyhow, but Eddy actually feels quite comfortable with his way of life.
He already had a better life, please don't ask me to define a better life so let's say he had a much wealthier life than his current. He played in a Jazzensemble for years and was well-known in the Jazz-scene. Some even said he is going to be the next Lester Young.
However Eddy was impatient with the new glory and the considerable strain he was under hence he prefered playing on the street.
Eddy's day began at eight o'clock in the morning with a cold shower, how he does it every morning, afterwards a short walk to the kiosk to get his daily paper.
"The usual stuff, my friend" he says to the shop man, who picks the paper and a pack of cigarettes immediately after he nodded in agreement.
"Renewed rise of electricity tariff", he is muttering with a fierce facial expression, befor he is folding the paper and enters the frontdoor to his apartment.
After he had a cup of tea and scanned the first few pages of his paper he is leaving the building again, this time with a folding chair and his saxophone in its black robust case which he carries on his back.
"Market square should be the best place at the moment" he is thinking, while gazing to the sky realizing the dark clouds gathering at the horizone.
Just to be safe he is placing under a canopy and starts without saying anything to blow in his instrument.
After a few seconds a few pedestrians pause and listen some just eavesdrop to the music which is now spreading over the whole square.
It is not just that Eddy's tunes are an intensively wave of feelings. His skills are extremely impressing and virtuously.
You literally can hear the feelings which are perfectly expressed by his tunes.
"Chink, chink" the first coins are jingling in his saxophone-case.
More and more people are gathering around Eddy obviously speechless. "Chink".
It seems that he is in his own world, losing the grip on time, in a rush which let him forget about all the problems that matters him in this other reality.
He merges with the music. The sounds seem like a by-product of their relationship.
"Chink, chink, chink".
He performs this symbiosis of himself and his Saxophone on two other places until he finally ends up in the train station.
It's a wonderful smooth melody in the subway station.
Eddy is leaving the station building quietly at eleven o' clock that night and gets a snack and a tin before he is on his way to his small apartment in the southside of the city.
He's taking the tram that night, cause contrary to custom Eddy feels very week and exhausted so he decided not to walk and take the public transport instead.
In his mind he is still in a parallel universe floating on his melodies.
__________
The word I had to personize was perfection by the way. Was not easy to describe but I thought that the perfection consists in the imperfection.
I really liked your approach of perfection in the imperfection. Eddy's day felt peaceful, not a word I would normally associate with perfection. Cool take on the word.
AntwortenLöschenEveryone's definition of perfection is different. I like his.
AntwortenLöschenI'm glad to meet another first-timer! See you next week?
Thanks, was a real challence for me though.
AntwortenLöschenYep you will see me next week :)
This was great!! Another first time here. Glad you are doing it next week, too. Can't wait.
AntwortenLöschen